In today’s world of constantly-advancing technology, security is the foundation to ensure company data is safe. Hackers are finding new ways to crack through security systems, going as far as “Juice Jacking” where malware is installed on to, or data is copied from different smart devices from a charging port. These charging ports are typically in public areas, and the hacked devices – whether it be a smart phone or tablet – contain massive amounts of company information – whether it be financial data, passwords, or other confidential information.
As competitive MSPs and VARs have expanded their services significantly to offer various services customers seek, security is the most important component when servicing clients. In order to transition into security, MSPs and VARs should create a unified security package, including the following elements:
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Advanced Firewall and Unified Threat Management services
- User security testing and education services.
- Per London-based consultancy, Wills Towers Watson 66% of cyber breaches are caused by employee error.
- Back up disaster recovery
- Anti-virus and Malware protection
- Penetration and vulnerability testing
- Remote monitoring and management
- Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM)
- Intrusion detection and prevention Systems
To examine the significance that security is playing for Business Solution Providers, Doug Grimm, Vice President and General Manager at Collabrance, dicussed his MSPinsights and Varinsights to discuss security – the biggest opportunity for MSPs and VARs!