In today’s world of bustling technology, companies are constantly looking for ways to improve workflow while minimizing the use of company resources. Within the office technology sector, transitioning into Managed Print Services (MPS) guarantees improved workflow and other year-round benefits. Managed Print Services focuses on automating printing services and may be beneficial for small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) alike. The primary objective of an MPS provider is to effortlessly manage print infrastructure, offering your team more time focus on other value-adding business operations.
When considering widening business capabilities through Managed Print Services, multiple departments of your company will benefit from the following advantages:
- Save time: Employees spend a lot of time on printer-related tasks, especially when the hardware is outdated. Additionally, maintenance of imaging devices takes time away from other duties. To reduce the time spent on maintaining and fixing printers, a Managed Print Service provider can identify issues and create a plan to reduce wasted time and maximize printer capabilities. Your IT department will have more time for value-added work, rather than wasting time to focus on troubleshooting issues with printers.
- Save money: There are multiple costs associated with traditional printers that Managed Print Services providers are able to reduce. Firstly, the proactive maintenance that MPS provides drastically lessens printer maintenance costs, particularly if your organization is relying on the old “break-fix” model to maintenance. Managed Print Services allows businesses to connect all devices to one, centralized platform where your provider can monitor usage and troubleshoot issues before they disrupt workflows. A print assessment helps providers determine inefficiencies in machines and their placement, helping businesses streamline their printer fleets, saving them money. Another expensive inconvenience is running out of toner, which can temporarily shut down business operations. With MPS, printer consumables are automatically replenished by your provider, ensuring you don’t have to pay for the expense of business day downtime. Your bottom line is important to your Managed Print Services provider, and they will help you identify the best ways to save money with their services.
- Reduce environmental impact: Printing documents requires paper, electricity, and print consumables. By putting a program in place to reduce using these items, you will reduce the impact your company has on the environment. Evidently, the larger the company, the more paper waste produced from traditional printers each year. Conversely, large companies who utilize an MPS program will have a lower environmental impact.
- Increase information security: One common tactic hackers use to obtain company information is hacking printing devices. Introducing Managed Print Services as a component of your security strategy to your IT department will prevent hackers from obtaining private company information from printers, an avenue that is commonly overlooked by companies – especially those who use outdated devices.
- Improves efficiency: When a Managed Print Services provider works with your company, they will offer their knowledge and expertise to find solutions that may not have been identified previously. By automating and simplifying printing processes, your company’s employees will have more time for other duties, in turn, generating more revenue. An MPS provider will deliver toner refills and assess what is working within a print environment to improve workflow efficiencies throughout your company.
Managed Print Services offers a company a multitude of benefits, including, but not limited to, saving time, saving money, reducing environmental impact, increasing information security, and improving efficiency. MPS will bridge the gap to digitization and automation, offering countless benefits to your company.