Monday, June 22, 2020 –The Business Technology Association (BTA) has announced its 2020-21 scholarship winners. Twenty-three students were awarded scholarships.
Each year, BTA awards one $3,000, one $2,000 and a number of $1,000 and $1,500 scholarships to qualifying children of full-time employees of dealerships that are current BTA Retail Dealer members. Since the 1984-85 school year, BTA has presented 1,493 scholarships to deserving students, totaling $1.692 million.
The BTA Scholarship Foundation is supported by continuing contributions from individual dealers, as well as manufacturers and distributors.
On Feb. 23, 1968, the Dorothy R. Ames Scholarship Fund was announced in honor of Ames at her retirement dinner in Great Neck, Long Island, New York, for her many contributions to the industry. Ames retired as the executive vice president of the Ames Supply Co. Ultimately, the fund became the BTA Scholarship Foundation, benefiting the sons and daughters of employees of BTA member dealerships nationwide.
Scholarship recipients are chosen each year by an impartial and independent evaluator. The scholarship recipients for the 2020-21 school year and their sponsoring BTA member dealerships are as follows:
- Andrea Bloom, LDI Color ToolBox, Jericho, New York
- Sloane Brown, Current Office Solutions, Bryan, Ohio
- Brooke Conner, RK Black Inc., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Anne Dotzler, Gordon Flesch Company, Dublin, Ohio
- Amanda Griesman, LDI Color ToolBox, Jericho, New York
- Abigail Hamvas, Coordinated Business Systems, Burnsville, Minnesota
- Alexandra Hasenour, Hoosier Business Machines Inc., Jasper, Indiana
- Amy Marigo, Discovery Office Systems, Santa Rosa, California
- Jennifer Mays, Howard D. Happy Co., Mayfield, Kentucky
- Olivia Moore, Applied Imaging, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Macy Naylor, ABM Automation, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Benjamin Philpot, Precision Duplicating Solutions Inc., London, Kentucky
- Adam Plant, Pacific Office Automation, Beaverton, Oregon
- Madison Pritchard, Ashley’s Business Solutions, Tifton, Georgia
- Maizie Richard, Advanced Business Methods, West Fargo, North Dakota
- Katie Sanchez, Standley Systems, Chickasha, Oklahoma
- Rylan Schlup, Standley Systems, Chickasha, Oklahoma
- Savanna Service, Service Business Equipment & Sales, Kent, Washington
- Grace Trammell, Pacific Office Automation, Beaverton, Oregon
- Madison Turner, Duplicator Sales & Service, Louisville, Kentucky
- Haley Webb, Pacific Office Automation, Beaverton, Oregon
- Connor Williams, Loy’s Office Supplies, LaGrange, Georgia
- Andrew Zea, Gordon Flesch Company, Dublin, Ohio
If you would like to donate to the BTA Scholarship Foundation, you can send a check made out to the BTA Scholarship Foundation. Please mail your check to: Business Technology Association, 12411 Wornall Road, Ste. 200, Kansas City, MO 64145. To contribute online, click the links below:
- Donate to the BTA Scholarship Foundation.
- Donate to the Bob Goldberg Scholarship Fund.
- Donate to the Dave Quint Scholarship Fund.
For more information on the BTA Scholarship Foundation, visit www.bta.org/Scholarships.
Leave A Comment